Health Assessment Course
Sharpen your skills in this accelerated course for four or six days. You can earn three credits or continuing education. Tuition is only $75 and you can jumpstart earning an RN-BSN degree.
Join us on September 22-23, October 20-21 and November 3-4 for the health assessment course.
The VNA-CEA number is 23-06-03S for 30 nursing contact hours.
- Who: This course is designed for RN students and current RNs.
- What: HEALTH ASSESSMENT NURSING 401
- Health assessment is the evaluation of the health status of an individual along the health continuum. The purpose of the assessment is to establish where on the health continuum the individual is because this guides how to approach and treat the individual. Physical assessment skills complement the health history. Students will learn skills necessary to perform a comprehensive health assessment utilizing the skills of history taking, inspection, palpation, percussion, and auscultation of individuals across the lifespan. Includes ways to integrate normal assessment findings, health literacy, social determinants of health as well as frequently seen variations from normal and cultural differences. Students practice health assessment skills in laboratory and simulation.
- When: September 22-23, October 20-21 and November 3-4.
- Attend September and October dates only to earn continuing education or all six sessions to earn three credits. The Friday class sessions on September 22 and October 20 will have the option of online or in-person didactic content. Saturday, September 23 and October 21 is hands-on demo and practice. November 3-4 are the additional days to earn three credits for patient exams, hands-on demo and practice.
- Where: Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon, Virginia
- How: Contact Natalie Blankenship for more information about enrolling and to indicate a preference for course credit or continuing education.