Zoom is a robust web conferencing tool available to E&H faculty, staff, and students. You can find helpful information at Zoom Help Center. In order to successfully run Zoom, please consider the following aspects:
The recommended system requirements lists the requirements for using the Zoom Desktop Client on Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
It is recommended that learners use a desktop/laptop computer to get connected via Zoom.
- If cable internet connection/WiFi is not an option, students can dial in using their phone (landline/mobile - audio only).
- Consult with your instructor regarding the Zoom meeting link or the meeting ID and password if needed.
A headset is recommended (with built-in microphone) to minimize audio feedback.
A webcam is recommended and most laptop/mobile devices have it built in.
Best Practices to Secure Your Zoom Meetings
Download: Zoom Client for Meetings
How to Schedule a Meeting (including how to share meeting invitation details)
How to Configure Audio and Video
- How to Share Your Screen (iOS) with the Zoom Desktop Client
- How to Share Computer Sound During Screen Sharing
- How to Share Slides as Virtual Background
How to Schedule a Meeting with Google Calendar
How to Schedule a Meeting at Zoom website